Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Lessons from IFos Topper - Anshika Agrawal

Indian Flag

 UPSC declared Indian Forest Service Exam results towards the end of February. Anshika Agrawal Topped it. 

Here are few excerpts from India Today article: 
  • With a second attempt, she was expecting her name to be in the list but not on top. 
  • She dedicated herself to self study, in order to crack the exam.
After finishing my post graduation I took some time off to reflect on my career path. I always knew I wanted to do something with real, grass-roots impact. Of course there is nothing better than serving your country. 
Since this was your second attempt, what went wrong the first time?

In my first attempt I had not prepared well for my second optional. In the second attempt I had more clarity of the subjects and consequently could plan my preparation better. Since I was completely focused on the examination, quitting was never an option. I kept telling myself try, try and try again and you will definitely succeed.







Is Self Study more benefial ? 

For my optionals, I used my notes and textbooks from college. There is no substitute for self study. Coaching may provide a direction to one's preparation but even then it's the consistent hard work which pays off. 

Many students appearing for board exams remain nervous. What would you suggest for coping with exam fear?
It's natural to be stressed before an exam and in moderation it may enhance one's performance. However, one should learn to manage the anxiety. Planned and timely preparation will help in coping with exam blues.

Source Here

(Images are from internet, not my  own)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I would love it, if you share your thoughts too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...